[Remix of the Week] Get Over (Nick Scotti ft Madonna)

Ok, not exactly a remix, but it sure is worth listening: While attending photographer Herb Ritt's birthday party in Los Angeles, Madonna had an encounter with Nick Scotti, a young singer/actor/model. They seemed to get along pretty well and ended up doing a song together. Madonna and Steve Bray wrote it, Nick did the vocals with Madonna in backup.
'Get Over' was featured in the 1991 movie Nothing But Trouble (with Dan Aykroyd, Chevy Chase and Demi Moore). Although the movie is best forgotten, the song landed Scotti a recording contract with Warner/Reprise. In 1993 he released his first album 'Wake Up Everybody'. The album contained 10 songs, with 'Get Over' topping the list.
When asked if he just got his break in the recording industry because he was Madonna's boy-toy, Nick replied: "Whether or not I've shared intimacy with Madonna, she wouldn't have worked with me if she felt like I'd be an embarrassment. I'm really proud that I worked with her. But I wasn't Madonna's protege."



Thanks to Michael!

0 comments:

Sledeće Prethodno home