Madonna: Back in the public eye


Rebecca Keegan from the Los Angeles Times talks with Madonna about her directorial effort "W.E.", due in theaters Friday, the Super Bowl performance, her new album "MDNA" and a tour.
 In one of the most interesting and revealing interviews we've got since the MDNA era approached, Madonna does not only have a lot to say about what's she's been working on recently, but she also revealed the title of a still unknown album track, "Beautiful Killer", which is a tribute to French film star Alain Delon.
 "I've seen every movie Alain Delon's ever made," Madonna said. "He's so charismatic."

"I have 12 minutes and 40 seconds to do something extravagant and exciting in the middle of something that's quite sacred to all of America," Madonna said about her upcoming appearance on the Super Bowl halftime show.
"No one's asked me to tone down my moves. They were curious about my costumes and the costumes of the dancers.... They were very clear with us up front that they don't want nipples or anything like that, and I didn't have any intention of doing that, so I was like, 'OK, we're cool.' I'm more nervous about this than most things I've done, simply because ... it's not how I'm used to working. I'm a perfectionist. I like everything to be done just so, and I like to run things and run things and run things until people can do it with their eyes closed." 

"I feel like all the records on the radio right now have a homogenized quality to them," she also said in The Times interview. "I've made a huge effort to try and not sound like everybody else. The music that I've done with William is quite introspective, whereas Martin's is more ironic and funny and upbeat. There's a really up aspect to it and a really fun aspect to it."

 Madonna also spent some words about the global tour that will keep her busy for the second half of the year: "When you're putting a show together, you're dealing with so many elements," she said. "You're creating a stage and working with lights and costumes and dancers, who you could say are the actors. You're paying attention to the minutiae and you're also stepping back and looking at the bigger picture. I always like to tell stories in my show and have some kind of an arc. I have a crew that I rely on desperately and ... I'm working with creative people, so I need to be judicious with the way that I speak with them. I've always been intricately involved in every aspect of my show. I know where all the nails are on the stage."

Check out the full story on the online website of LA Times

MadonnaTribe

0 comments:

Sledeće Prethodno home