Madonna has it all... but she still can't cook


The pop star, 53, is known for her attempts to stay healthy and looking slim, exercising religiously and maintaining a strict macrobiotic diet. She reportedly works closely with a nutritionist and chef who travel the world with her to prepare macrobiotic meals, on a plan that is also favoured by her friend Gwyneth Paltrow, the actress. Madonna's strict, mainly vegan, diet is based on organic veg, pulses, nuts, soy products and fish. But in an interview published on Friday, the mother of two admitted that she battles against her cravings for unhealthy eating.
“I don't eat as much pizza as everybody else, that's number one. I exercise even when I'm too bloody tired to,” she said. “I try to stay away from fried foods. I also try to stay away from cheese, creamy sauces and I try to eat a lot of fish and vegetables.” Cooking was “not in my DNA”, she added.
Asked about what food she took developed a taste for while living in Britain, she replied: “Sticky toffee pudding with the sauce, obviously, is my weakness. No custard. I like bangers and mash. And mushy peas. “I like Bubble and Squeak, not often because it's fried, but I love it.”
Madonna lived in London during her marriage to Guy Ritchie, the film director, whom she divorced in 2008. She is currently dating a dancer 29 years her junior. She has previously been married to Sean Penn, the American actor. The singer, who has sold more than 275 million copies worldwide, admitted that she rarely visits she kitchen because she doesn't cook. She added that she could boil an egg, scramble eggs, cook pasta, make coffee, prepare sandwiches and make Rice Krispie treats. “It's not in my DNA. My kids all cook really good,” she told the Daily Mail. “I could cook if you put a gun to my head, but after a long day at the office I want to come home and find my dinner on the table. “Oh, my gosh, everyone prepares it but me. Sometimes my daughter Lourdes likes to cook my food. They all help.”
The star, who is to go on trial for being a noisy neighbour in New York, added: “I'm not that hopeless – it's just that cooking requires time.”
She told the interviewer that she never prepared a Sunday lunch for Guy Ritchie, who loved a “good Sunday roast”. “I'm sorry I didn't, but I could have if I'd put my mind to it,” she added.
During her interview published on Friday she discloses that she will write and direct another film, which she declined to provide details on. She also that she has learnt to “compromise and sacrifice” in her personal life.

 --------

 Madonna has an 11-year-old son, Rocco Ritchie, and a daughter, Lourdes Maria Ciccone Leon, who will turn 15 in October. She is also in a committed relationship with dancer Brahim Zaibat. Following the release of her most recent directorial endeavour, W.E., at the Venice Film Festival, Madonna is in high spirits about her life.
“I have all three; love, children and work. Lucky me,” Madonna said to British newspaper the Daily Mail. “You can [have all three] — but what you can’t then expect is a good night’s sleep.” Madonna has worked at finding equilibrium in her life for years. Balancing relationships, children and career is a sensitive task for the star, but Madonna believes that she has discovered a foolproof approach.
“The older I get, the more I understand about the nature of relationships and how to have a successful one,” Madonna explained. “The more I realise that it has to do with compromise and sacrifice and that’s just the way it goes. And unless you want to be alone for the rest of your life you have to realise that.”
Madonna is not willing to forfeit happiness for any reason. Career, family and love are equally important to the star. “Either the kids aren’t going to be getting all your attention, or the man isn’t or the job isn’t and I can’t contemplate living without all three,” Madonna said. “I can’t imagine not having children. I can’t imagine not being in love and I can’t imagine not being creative and doing the work I do.” Compromise works well for Madonna. She loves all three aspects of her life so much that she is willing to be flexible to keep her clan happy and career moving forward. “You can’t always get what you want, but compromise pays off in the end, right?” Madonna said. “Give up a little bit here to see if you can get something there. It’s about trade-offs and give and take.”

telegraph/musicrooms

0 comments:

Sledeće Prethodno home