Antonio Banderas "afraid" of dating Madonna

© WENN
Antonio Banderas has revealed that he was "afraid" after being told that Madonna had feelings for him following their first meeting.

The actor, who has previously laughed off rumours of Madonna's crush on him, told Harper's Bazaar about his initial encounter with the singer.

Banderas, who was introduced to Madonna by his friend, movie director Pedro Almodovar, recalled how he "flipped out" when they first met because he was so overwhelmed by her fame.

"I couldn't speak English at the time. She said a lot of things at the table when we were having dinner - I couldn't understand s**t. I was just flipping out that I was sitting down close to Madonna. She was very famous already, and we were just local people," he explained.

However, when the Skin I Live In star was told that Madonna was interested in him, he said she was too "powerful".

Banderas explained: "It was kind of flattering when somebody said, 'She likes you, a lot'. I said, 'Oh, really? I've no idea what I should do about this. I mean, I'm married [to first wife, Ana Leza]'. So, nothing happened.


"I was afraid of it at the time, because she was a very powerful woman. I didn't want to be Madonna's boy. For good or for bad, I just wanted to have my own career."

digitalspy.co.uk

0 comments:

Sledeće Prethodno home