Cornish’s web date with Madonna


Abbie Cornish was so excited to meet Madonna that she was a day early.

The Sucker Punch actress had scheduled in a Skype chat with the Queen of Pop before they started working on WE – where Abbie plays unhappily married New Yorker Wally Winthrop, whose story parallels the romance between the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, King Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson.

“The first time I met her was on Skype, I was in Australia and she was in New York. I mixed up the time difference, so I was a day early,” she revealed.

Abbie, a long-time fan of Madge’s music, admitted the conversation was “surreal”.

“Seeing her on the computer was surreal. I was presented with the human incarnation of this woman that we know as Madonna – it was incredible!” she added.

WE, co-written by Madonna and Alek Keshishian, also stars Sucker Punch actor Oscar Isaac, Andrea Riseborough, James D’Arcy and Coupling’s Richard Coyle.

“I still haven’t seen a finished product of the film yet but there’s so much within that movie. And I believe we’re going to Venice [Film Festival] with it,” said the Australian actress, who describes the superstar singer as “amazing”.

shropshirestar.com

0 comments:

Sledeće Prethodno home