News in Brief

  • Here's the video of Madonna and Lourdes arriving to the Oscar's Vanity Fair party





  • Speaking of the Oscars, Madonna (and Demi Moore) hosted an after party and, according to perezhilton.com, "a partygoer witnessed the Madonna herself and Sean Penn submit to the uncontrollable urge to dance!!
    The Tweet:

    "Just got back from Guy O party. Never been around so many wasted stars. When u c Penn dancin wit Madonna in 2011 u know it was off da chain.""



  • Boy George talked Madonna for afterelton.com...

    ...
    AE: It’s great to hear you compliment Madonna, because there was a period of time when you were pretty critical of her (along with Elton John) in the press, saying that she’s despicable and a traitor to her gay fans for subscribing to a homophobic religion.
    BG: I do shudder when I read some of the things I’ve said, like ‘What were you thinking?’ So now I don’t talk unless I have something interesting to say. But I think it was more a reflection of how I felt about myself and so it would come out as a projection. I had no right to do it. It was quite beneath me. I really don’t look back on it with pride. When I say funny things, I stand by them, but I’d never say anything like that again.

    AE: Speaking of Madonna, did you ever notice that Madonna’s 1992 "This Used to Be My Playground" video is stylistically almost identical to your late 80’s "To Be Reborn" video? And speaking of imitation, where do you weigh in on the criticism that Lady Gaga’s "Born This Way" rips off Madonna’s "Express Yourself"?
    BG: My video was directed by [fashion photographer and music video director] John-Baptiste Mondino, but Madonna’s was the one people remember. When it came out, I called it "This Used To Be My Video." Lady Gaga is very Madonna; she loves her and has never denied it. If you’re Lady Gaga, then Madonna is an important reference — and she’s talked about me as well. She’s never shied away from it and would love to be on the same level. There’s a legitimate reference point, but I’ve heard people’s melodies in other people’s songs for years.

0 comments:

Sledeće Prethodno home