Ordinary Girl: Madonna's new boyfriend says she 'just a woman like all the others'


Madonna's new boyfriend has spoken for the first time about his love for the pop queen - describing her as 'just a woman like all the others'.

In a highly revealing interview, 24-year-old Brahim Zaibat said the passionate affair had made him suspicious of old friends, and caused him to change his mobile number.

But, despite the masses of unwanted attention, the French break dancer said he believed he had a future with the 52-year-old superstar.

Asked about their first meeting in New York, Brahim said: 'It all started on September 22nd at the launch of Madonna's new ready-to-wear clothing range.

'My mate Norman, who danced for her and who became her personal trainer, asked me to dance at the evening. I performed a solo to Material Girl. Then I met Madonna on the sidelines, and she just thanked me for my show.


'It wasn't like meeting a monster! She's just a woman like all the others. She's an extraordinary artist and world famous, of course, but a woman above all.


'You know she wasn't the first well known female singer I'd met. I was delighted to meet her but not stressed out.'

Brahim said his first words to Madonna were 'Hi, how are you?', adding cheekily: 'I'm not saying things have gone very fast since then, but things have happened in order.'

Eyebrows were immediately raised about the relationship, because of the age gap, and because Brahim is a devout Muslim, while Madonna is a follower of Kabbalah, a variation of Judaism.

Asked if he was a fan of Madonna as a child, Brahim said: 'It wasn't the kind of sound I had on my I-pod but I knew her tracks. I've since pretty much listened to all she's done.

'She's put lots of breakdance and hip hop in her last tracks and she's passionate about dance. Her dream as a child was to become a dancer. That's another thing we have in common.'

Asked why the pair had gone public about their love, Brahim said: 'It wasn't her deliberate decision and it wasn't mine. We were in a club and we were seen dancing together.

'It was because it was Madonna that the affair took on massive proportions. Nothing was calculated by us. We had a nice night together without thinking that there might be paparazzi there.'

...

Brahim also blasted claims made by his mother, Patricia Vidal, 44, that the family was surprised that his girlfriend was a full eight years older than her.

'In Japan people stop me in the street, because they've seen my show. But in France, outside the world of hip-hop, no-one has heard of me. It's only since the rumours of my relationship with Madonna started that I exist in the media.'

Asked if Madonna was upset by all the publicity, Brahim said: 'No, they're not subjects which concern her. That said, I'm learning a great deal about how she manages her own affairs. I'm an apprentice!'

Last month Mrs Vidal said: 'Madonna was already a big star when I was a schoolgirl, let alone when Brahim was growing up. The whole situation is very strange indeed - surreal even.'

Daily Mail

0 comments:

Sledeće Prethodno home