MDNA album - first fan review!


MIA's contribution has been taken out of B-Day song. People at Interscope wish MIA would be taken out for good everywhere. They are pissed at her because of the SuperBowl.
Girls Gone Wild - This song is EPIC. It immediately is on fire. It sort of reminds of Deeper and Deeper. It may be overproduced.
Falling Free - What a beatiful ballad. Her voice sounds so pure in this. "Falling Free without a hand to hold. Falling Free like a dog without a bone" are they only lyrics I remember. Think "This Used To Be My Playground" but only better.
Turn Up The Radio - Definitely a club banger. If the lyrics didn't repeat themselves so much, this would have been my choice for a second single.
Gang Bang - Madonna wants to kill somebody in this song. It's not so musically impressive, but the lyrics really tell a story. I hope the story isn't autobiographical.
I F*cked Up -This song is Madonna basically saying sorry to people she hurt in the past. It sort of reminds me of Alanis Morisette's "Unsent." It has two slow parts, but the chorus is fast and really good.
The less exciting songs:
I'm a Sinner -It sounded like a Britney Spears song. It wasn't bad, but several took a bathroom break during the song. "I'm a sinner and I don't care. I have given all I dare to bare."
B-Day Song -Abortional. Nanananananananananananana.
Some Girls -A good midtempo beat, but really bad lyrics. "Some girls they like candy. Some girls they like fun. Some girls like to f**k."
GMAYL -The worst song on the album besides B-Day song. The people at Interscope wanted to skip it, but some listeners wanted to hear it. Interscope did not want to release this as the first single, but Madonna insisted they do.
I would give the album a B+ and that's just from one listen. It ranks up there with Confessions, but not Ray of Light or Like a Prayer.

Sledeće Prethodno home